Leasing companies have crucial stakeholder and operator management issues. Our insurance solution support for Lessors includes:
- Physical loss or damage to tank containers – Damage Protection Policy (DPP), on or off hire and depot risks
- Liabilities to third parties and/or cargo owners
- Contingency cover – including loss of rental revenue
- Repatriation and Repositioning costs
- Unintentional breach of warranty or authority
- Delay in performing contractual obligations
- Delivery of Cargo contrary to instructions to withhold
- Error or omission from any Bill of Lading, Waybill or other transportation document
- Unintentional negligent acts, errors or omissions
- Liability imposed by an authority or confiscation by an authority
The Pound Gates name is recognised throughout the world as experts in the sector. Choosing Pound Gates means access to a huge amount of expertise and paperwork which Operators and investors will accept around the world.
Each solution is tailored to the precise needs of the Leasing Company, and as such does not fit an “off the shelf” product. In addition, we maintain an in-house claims handling, support and consultancy team.
To discuss our approach further, contact Debbie Standring on 01473 346039 or request a call back.
Client case study
Pound Gates were approached by a tank container leasing company at an ITCO meeting in Europe, having heard positive reviews from existing clients. The company was taking a very different approach to insuring when their lessees needed insurance in addition to tank containers. In essence separate policies were being arranged per contract.
Although the leasing company’s existing broker did put up a fight to try not to lose their client, the specialist wording and ability to extend the Pound Gates Damage Protection Policy (DPP) to include operators meant the solution met the leasing company’s needs fully. In addition, Pound Gates provided training and resources to support further inclusion of operators within the lessors’ policy thus giving the client, and their investors, some much needed comfort on the quality of insurance in place on their tanks.
Tank containers are a highly specialist piece of equipment and damage to them needs to be managed and dealt with carefully. Pound Gates really understand the business having been involved for over 20 years.