Role Title: Account Handler
Reporting to: Operations Manager
- Responsibility for dealing with a portfolio of existing clients either in association with a Relationship Manager (Commercial clients) or directly (Small Business Unit clients);
- Prepare pre-renewal and renewal reports, including any other associated customer-facing documentation for Relationship Managers as required;
- Maintain a professional working relationship with insurers, clients, colleagues, trade associations and suppliers;
- Responsibility for keeping the Relationship Manager informed of any relevant client or insurer communication;
- Co-ordinate the gathering and updating of policy risk information and claims data;
- Carry out pre-renewal work and renewal broking to ensure that clients’ demands and needs are satisfied;
- Finalise renewal negotiations with clients and insurers;
- Process mid-term adjustments including instructing insurers and confirming instructions to clients;
- Checking insurer documentation to ensure that it reflects the client’s instructions;
- Credit control and debt management responsibility, working with Relationship Manager, where applicable;
- Where applicable, checking Pound Gates agency records to ensure that the agreed arrangements are observed and adhered to, including clarifying and retrieving any information required by the Securities Committee;
- When needed provide support for new business opportunities, including supporting Relationship Managers.
Skills & Experience
- Competent user of Acturis (preferable but not essential);
- Strong and determined negotiation skills to ensure that clients receive competitive terms and coverage from insurers;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent literacy and numerical reasoning skills to enable the creation of accurate client reports and delivery of accurate data to insurers;
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team, including the management of own work load to ensure that clients expectations are exceeded;
- Experience of writing comprehensive technical client reports using up to date IT packages;
- Accurate record keeping;
- Strong attention to detail;
- A strong knowledge of the general commercial classes of insurance;
- Cert CII qualified (or progression towards).
- High level of personal ownership and responsibility;
- Proactive, collaborative and considered approach;
- Strong personal organisation, communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong presentation, numeracy and literacy skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to clearly understand a client’s insurance requirements and offer solutions;
- Dogged and determined approach to achieving the right outcomes for our clients;
- Professional approach and delivery at all times;
- Competent in ‘Core’ Personal Skills requirements of internal Competency Framework Template;
- Understand how to make ‘Group Values’ real in how you engage in your work;
- Demonstrate understanding of Brand and how you deliver the desired Customer Experience.
- A strong background in commercial broking with a high level of competence in all areas of commercial insurance;
- A minimum insurance qualification of Cert CII (or progression towards);
- Achieve and maintain annual CPD requirements in accordance with current levels.
- Understanding of all regulatory insurance subjects including, but not limited to, Treating Customers’ Fairly (TCF), contract certainty, conflicts of interest, money laundering, data protection and health & safety legislation.
- Understanding and working within internal complaints procedures;
- Understanding and working within internal brand guidelines;
- Understanding and working within internal policies and procedures;
- Understanding and working within Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), Contract Certainty and Conflicts of Interest rules.
- Competent user of all Microsoft packages required by this role including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook;
- Competent user of Acturis with a clear understanding of how the system can be used to meet client and insurer requirements;
- Competent in ‘Core’ ICT requirements of intenral Competency Framework Template;
- Competent in PC environment and PC awareness.
This is flexible. The role can be either office based (Ipswich), homeworking or hybrid working. However, you must be based in the United Kingdom.