Role purpose - you will:
- Be responsible for developing and delivering our Broking Strategy, including implementing and embedding the agreed approach across the team;
- Be responsible for management of the Client Servicing team of Account Handlers, including supporting their personal development and their technical learning and development journey;
- Support insurer relationships with a view of proactively aligning insurer appetite and product proposition to client requirements;
- Be responsible for supporting and co-ordinating new business broking activity by utilising in depth knowledge of Pound Gates insurer portfolio to help shape market exercises and allocating team resource;
- Complete internal due diligence and qualification procedures on existing and prospective clients;
- Collaborate with Account Executives and Account Handlers to agree internal strategy for key client renewals to achieve clarity of approach;
- Support and work alongside the Operations Manager to deliver on our quality and improvement agenda, including contributing to our Acturis Improvement Plan;
- Own, develop and maintain a new internal audit framework which correlates with the business’s defined processes and procedures, verify conformity and supply constructive feedback;
- Be a technical referral point for the team, including on Acturis usage;
- Act as senior Account Handler for a panel of key client relationships;
- Act as a role model by demonstrating and upholding key behaviours and skills in line with company values;
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, prospects, colleagues, insurers and other partners/suppliers;
- Support the team with insurer negotiations where required;
- Be a well-known and respected figure in the defined operating area with a presence in appropriate networking organisations as required;
- Actively contribute to deliver the vision in line with the business plan;
- Be responsible for credit control and debt management for your team.
Required skills and experience - you will be:
- A proven leader, manager, coach and mentor who displays natural empathy and engages their team, clients, insurers and others with a positive attitude at all times;
- A great communicator, both verbal and written, with strong presentation and report writing skills;
- Determined to achieve great client outcomes;
- Resourceful, collaborative and analytical in approach with excellent attention to detail;
- Confident in embracing change, including proactively identifying and contributing viable solutions to improve our business;
- A role model (internally and externally) for our brand and values at all times;
- A versatile problem solver;
- Someone who uses initiative, takes ownership and demonstrates accountability;
- Highly organised and able to demonstrate excellent time management and an ability to multi-task.
- An experienced broker with a proven track record in commercial broking, ideally Cert CII qualified (or higher) and/or with over 10 years’ experience.
- A competent user of Microsoft packages and as required by the role
- A competent Acturis user, preferably a Super-user and/or e-trade champion.
What we offer you:
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- Pension and life assurance
- Up to 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Days off for volunteering
- Financial support and rewards for study towards professional qualifications
- Wellbeing and worklife balance; providing breakfast, a cycle-to-work scheme, flu vaccinations and flexible working arrangements
- Reward schemes for those who go above and beyond
- Regular social events
- We are customer focused - we are committed to pursuing improvement, honouring our commitments, creating value and paying attention to the detail so we can deliver exceptional customer outcomes for our customers and clients.
- We invest in our people - we are committed to being a ‘Great Place to Work’ where all of our people feel valued, involved, inspired, rewarded and supported to develop and grow.
- We do good in our communities - we are committed to having a positive impact on all the communities we interact with – including our staff, clients and customers, suppliers and the locations in which we operate.
How to apply:
If you're ready to apply for our Broking Manager role, please email Del Sharman attaching your CV and a covering note. If you have any questions, please call Del on Tel: 01473 346030.