Role purpose - you will:
- Successfully lead and manage a portfolio of existing client accounts in close collaboration with Client Executives;
- Work closely with the Finance and Commercial Director to engage in new business activity and achieve new business targets in accordance with the business plan;
- For both existing client accounts and new business opportunities, carry out face-to-face client meetings to:
- Develop a strong understanding of your clients' businesses, their attitude to risk and their approach to insurance and risk management;
- Clearly identify client demands and needs;
- Accurately identify gaps in cover and potential cross-sell/upselling opportunities;
- For both existing client accounts and new business opportunities:
- Collate and provide Client Executives with comprehensive meeting minutes and risk information, giving clear instructions to empower their negotiations with insurers, providing support where required;
- Working in collaboration with Client Executives, deliver comprehensive and considered risk presentations to clients which meet identified demands and needs and address risk exposures;
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, prospects, colleagues, insurers and other partners/suppliers;
- Actively contribute to deliver the vision in line with business strategy;
- Support the Operations Manager with maintaining the quality of our service and pursuing continuous improvement;
- Act as a role model and technical referral point, sharing your knowledge and experience with the Client Servicing team;
- Be a well-known and respected figure in your operating area with a presence in appropriate networking organisations.
Required skills and experience - you will be:
- A proven risk manager with a strong track record of identifying risks and proposing solutions;
- A strong client advocate, determined to achieve great client outcomes;
- A proven leader who takes ownership and uses initiative;
- A strong influencer and negotiator who maintains excellent working relationships at all levels;
- A problem solver with a resourceful, collaborative and analytical approach;
- Proactive in identifying and contributing viable solutions and embracing change;
- A clear communicator with excellent presentation and report writing skills and strong attention to detail;
- An experienced (10 years +) commercial broker with a deep understanding of the commercial insurance market and wide product knowledge across the full range of commercial insurance classes;
- Qualified to at least Cert CII level (preferably higher);
- A competent user of Microsoft programmes, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- An experienced Acturis user (preferable);
- Fully conversant with and competent in all aspects of the FCA’s ICOBS rules as it relates to the role and the importance of treating customers fairly.
What we offer you:
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- Pension and life assurance
- Up to 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Days off for volunteering
- Financial support and rewards for study towards professional qualifications
- Wellbeing and worklife balance; providing breakfast, a cycle-to-work scheme, flu vaccinations and flexible working arrangements
- Reward schemes for those who go above and beyond
- Regular social events
- We are customer focused - we are committed to pursuing improvement, honouring our commitments, creating value and paying attention to the detail so we can deliver exceptional customer outcomes for our customers and clients.
- We invest in our people - we are committed to being a ‘Great Place to Work’ where all of our people feel valued, involved, inspired, rewarded and supported to develop and grow.
- We do good in our communities - we are committed to having a positive impact on all the communities we interact with – including our staff, clients and customers, suppliers and the locations in which we operate.
How to apply:
If you're ready to apply for our Relationship Manager role, please email Del Sharman attaching your CV and a covering note. If you have any questions, please call Del on Tel: 01473 346030.